Bank of Clarke County has partnered with the Independent Community Bankers of America and the Virginia Association of Community Banks on the GO LOCAL initiative to promote community banks across Virginia. We want to point out the tremendous difference between a community bank like Bank of Clarke County and the Wall Street bank business model. Community banks are unique, dedicated and respected – with a community-centric mission. Community banks are the safest, soundest and most secure financial institutions in our nation, led by common sense lenders who follow responsible business practices. They’re risk averse and work every day to support their customers, communities and local markets.
GO LOCAL is a movement to educate consumers on the numerous benefits of banking “locally”:
• By going local and banking locally, consumers will realize the benefits that come with banking with a community bank, including a relationship-based banking experience, superior customer service and the pride that comes with reinvesting in one’s community.
• By going local and banking locally, consumers will be making a hometown investment in which they can be proud. The money they deposit in their community bank will be reinvested in ways that drive their local economy, such as in the form of loans to local residents who want to buy a home or to small business owners who are looking to open shop on Main Street.
• Community banks are invested in their communities and their customers. As small businesses themselves, community banks only thrive when their customers and communities do the same, so taking care of their customers and looking out for the best interest of their community is ingrained in the way they conduct their business.
• When consumers call their local community bank, they’ll be reassured to know that they won’t be talking to someone halfway across the globe. Instead, they will be talking with their community banker who lives and works in the same community they do.
• Whether located in small towns, suburbia or big-city neighborhoods, community banks improve America’s communities by funding nearly 60 percent of all small businesses under $1 million and by using local dollars to help families purchase a home, buy a car, finance college and build financial security.
• By driving local economies and creating local jobs, community banks are an integral part of our financial system and play a key role in our nation’s economic recovery.
GO LOCAL also encourages consumers to not only bank locally but to dine and shop locally as well.