Mobile Banking: Getting Started Guide
Mobile banking is part ofeagleonlineinternet banking. Once you have enrolled in internet banking, you will need to complete the following steps before using mobile banking:
Log into online banking and click Services > Mobile Money.
- Click the Enroll button and you will be asked to accept the mobile banking Terms and Conditions.
- Select the services you would like to use with your mobile device: Mobile Browsing, Text Messaging or Application.
- Change the time zone and select the accounts you would like to access on your mobile device. You can nickname your accounts, or leave the default number. The nickname will be used to identify the individual accounts in text messages. Accounts that are not selected will not be displayed in mobile banking. When choosing a nickname consider a name or number that will be easy to remember on accounts that you use regularly. Ex: Main checking account nickname = 1 or ck, Savings account nickname = 2 or sv
- Enter your full cell phone number (i.e. 9 digits) beginning with the area code. Do not include spaces or symbols.
- An activation code will be sent to your mobile device in a text message. Enter the code and click Activate. The next screen will confirm that the activation was successful. You may return to the mobile banking screen, or close the menu screen.
- You will receive several text messages containing further instructions based on the mobile services you selected.
Getting Started: Using the Mobile App
*Important* If you selected the Application banking service, be sure to click on the text message alert for “Download Mobile Banking” first. The TouchBanking app is available for most iPhone and Android devices. After installing the app, click on the text message that includes the link to activate and launch TouchBanking. If you do not perform these steps in the correct order, the app may not load correctly. If the app does not launch after activation, please contact customer support.
Getting Started: Using Mobile Browsing
If you requested the mobile browser service when activating your mobile device, you will receive a text message alert containing the link for mobile browser banking.
The LOGIN screen will load and you will see the same authentication image you selected for online banking. You may want to add a bookmark for the log in screen. *Important* - The link is specific to your device and accounts selected during enrollment; therefore, if you change your enrollment preferences, you will receive a new link which must be bookmarked. Enter your password and click Log In. Select from the following features of the mobile app and mobile browsing:
View Accounts – View the balance of your accounts. You can also view posted and pending transaction information by clicking on the balance field. Only accounts that were selected for mobile access during enrollment will be displayed in the list.
Transfer Money – Transfer funds between accounts or complete a loan payment. Transfers completed after 4:00 PM EST will be processed on the next business day.
Payment Options - If you are currently enrolled in our bill pay service, you can use the following payment features:
Pay Bills – Access your payee list in Checkfree to initiate, change or delete a payment.
Pay Other People – Send money to friends or family anywhere, anytime using PopMoney.
Find ATMs and Branches – Enter a city, state or zip to find the nearest Bank of Clarke branch or ATM location. Click on Details to get more information on a particular branch, or click on Map for directions to the branch or ATM.
Getting Started: Text Banking
If you requested the text banking service when activating your mobile device, you will receive a link containing our 5 digit SMS code of 65958. You may want to consider adding this number as a contact in your mobile device. With text banking, you can receive the following alerts:
BAL – balances of accounts selected during enrollment.
HIST + texting nickname – transaction history on specific accounts.
ATM + Street or zip – receive the addresses of ATM locations in that area.
Branch + Street or zip – receive the addresses and phone numbers for branches in that area.
Mobile Banking Security
This service has several layers of security including image authentication as well as device recognition. You will be automatically logged out of mobile banking after ten (10) minutes of inactivity. To prevent unauthorized access to your account information, we recommend that you click the “Logoff” button on the MAIN menu after completing your last transaction.
As a reminder, Bank of Clarke County will never request your User ID, password or other confidential information through online banking, email or text messages. Be alert for attempts to steal your identity and report any such incidents to us promptly.
You can e-mail email@example.com. If your issue involves confidential information, please use the BANK MAIL option within the SERVICES section of eagleonline internet banking, which is more secure than regular e-mail.
You can also call our Internet Banking Department at 540-955-2510 from 8:00 AM to 4:30 PM Monday through Thursday or 8:00 AM through 6:00 PM on Friday.